Sunday, September 27, 2009

Crazy.

Percentage of people I met on Craigslist for random sex who turned out to be crazy: ~20%. Most of them were simply fellow lonely souls looking for something convenient.

Percentage of people I met on Craigslist for minor household purchases who turned out to be crazy: ONE HUNDRED FUCKING PERCENT.

Seriously. I thought I'd sell my old futon for twenty-five bucks. So far I've been haggled down to twenty (whatever, I just want to get rid of it), requested to deliver to Boonieville, asked the most minute questions, asked to add accessories, and gone through three emails and two phone calls to confirm that my futon is properly futonly.

JESUS CHRIST. IT IS A BIG RECTANGULAR SOFT THING. IT IS CHEAP. IT DOES NOT SMELL BAD. BUY IT OR DON'T. I AM NOT YOUR PERSONAL FUTON SHOPPING ASSISTANT.

I realize that this has nothing to do with my sex blog really, it just happens every damn time and it drives me insane.

3 comments:

  1. See, it's the opposite for me. Instruments and furniture on Craigslist? No problem? Women? 9 out 10 are fucking crazy.

    That's why I stick to sane places like LJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seconded, it's reversed for men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up on trying to find people through craigslist. Whether for a date, casual sex, or social meeting, my experience has been pretty much as follows: Around 80% of ads posted by others, and about equal number of responders to my ads are spambots. I kind of wonder how many of them end up sending messages back and forth to each other to no avail, because there's no actual human interaction going on. I have learned to weed out likely spambots, but it's a bit of a pain. And then, out of the actual humans, about 80% of men and 95% of women are flake-a-zoids. They do things like keep stalling and then finally cancel at the last minute once an actual date is set, or else don't show up at all. Or they want me to set and/or change the time and date but fail to confirm it and never respond to me again. Stuff like that. From asking around, I get the impression that it's not just me, that's pretty normal results for my area. Since my personal time is *very* limited, I'm not going to waste it like that anymore.

    When I last used it, there were a bunch of w4m ads which looked like typical spambot ads except they also included a link to a site called "crais-sex-list.com" or something like that, and the picture was usually an image of text which said "There are no women on craigslist" Seriously, what?

    ReplyDelete