Friday, November 21, 2008

Sexuality sure is fluid...

It's truly amazing how many men there are on craigslist who are "straight, looking to suck & fuck with another straight guy." On the one hand, I sorta get what they're trying to say--straight in their daily life, stereotypically straight looking and acting--but on the other hand my mind always boggles a little.

It sort of makes me sad too. "I'm not some queer, I just fuck guys sometimes!" shouldn't be something you need to think about yourself. I applaud the idea that sucking cock shouldn't define your entire identity, but I hate that it's done by linguistic denial of the sexuality itself.

I might be measuring from a sample size of one here, but I really believe everyone is a little bit bi. And I believe that's great. I just wish dudes didn't have to be all weird about it.

5 comments:

  1. I am trying to sort out what this craiglist is about ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could have unlimited risk-free sex with whoever I wanted, I'm pretty sure that 98% of the time it would be with women. There is a distinct difference in how I feel about it--Gay sex isn't gross, but it is more of a kink for me, based almost entirely on physical sensations.

    I often think a particular woman is sexy, or fantasize about what sex with her would be like. I would enjoy cuddling or flirting with most reasonably attractive women, even if no sex was involved. None of that is true about guys. I wouldn't object to being classified as bi, but I think 98% is close enough to straight that it makes more sense.

    Then again, 98% is straight enough that I'm not posting on craigslist looking for other men, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly

    Dudes might be less weird about it if they didn't run the risk of being stomped or killed for expressing that sentiment.

    I dunno about how bi people are, to what degree, but I'm sure the whole of human experience fits on a bell curve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to try to make a comment about this, but I think the Coroner said it best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stomped, killed, or marked as exclusively gay due to one-drop rule for sexuality.

    ReplyDelete