Friday, December 7, 2007

Controlled.

I just stated on the Pill. (Levora, 30 µg ethinyl estradiol and 0.15mg levonorgestrel, I've anecdotally heard that it's less likely to cause side effects than some other types.)

Slip off all you want, condoms, I'm babyproof. (I actually made the appointment before the incredibly minor incident, just because I wanted to be generally sure I wouldn't get pregnant. I'd definitely get an abortion if I did, but I really don't want to go through that.)

If it lowers my sex drive, I'm quitting. That's not really a lolhorny joke--I value my sex drive, and since the whole point of contraception is to have sex, low sex drive is one side effect I wouldn't accept. I like being horny, and I'm not giving that up for anything.

2 comments:

  1. Damn those artificial hormones!

    When I started the pill 2½ years ago, my libido was snatched away from me as well. A year and a half ago, I finally connected the dots and switched to a different pill (TriCyclen Lo). I didn't feel any different until late this spring/summer. I'm still not back to my pre-pill ways, but it's pretty good and I enjoy having actual orgasms with my husband again. Woo! Besides, condoms are the devil.

    Good luck with the pill! (Never heard of Levora, I shall have to read up on it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. S - WHOA HELL NO on actually losing orgasms. If I didn't want to enjoy sex, I wouldn't need to be on the pill in the first place. As I said, that's the one side effect (well, that and, like, a debilitating blood clot) that would make me go off it right quick.

    I'm probably still going to be using condoms though, just because I am Paranoid Like Whoa about STDs--I miiight try barebacking with Brandon because we've both been tested recently, but no way with other guys. It's more a second layer of protection than a replacement for condoms, for me.

    ReplyDelete